Thursday, July 12, 2012

22 years and it still hasn't gotten easier on this day without you. Strange, as I have no idea who you were. Vague memories that I'm not even sure of anymore....whether they are real memories or stories that I have fashioned into memories. It scares me...will I forget even that one day? One day in the year that I shed the persona I have adopted and revert to the curly-haired toddler attached to her 'Da-Da'. Even if I tried, I can't remain composed throughout. It is tedious. I hope you are proud of who I am and all that I have achieved. Your letter swims in front of my eyes. I know I will go back home and re-read it, like I always do. I know I will weep, knowing you loved me so much. I know I will be angry that I could not love you as much. Yet I still do. Very much. You are me. You live in me. And hopefully while I am in 'deef sleef', I will hug you and tell you how much I love you, even without knowing you. Tota and Tia will always be magical. I envy that brat. She got more than I do now. But I know...somewhere... I will always be your little girl. Now and for always. 

2 comments:

Nayantara said...

<3 <3 <3 <3

bobo said...

hugs to my dear